- He closed public health clinics in Florida so that they wouldn’t compete against his own chain of clinics.
- He ordered drug testing of basically everyone other than rich white men, to be done at . . . his own chain of clinics.
- He vetoed funding for 30 rape crisis centers.
- He slashed paychecks for teachers, police, and firefighters.
- He cut $300 million from public universities, and $1 billion from K-12 schools.
- He shut down the only tuberculosis center during the worst tuberculosis crisis in twenty years.
- He abandoned a rescue dog that he adopted as a campaign press stunt.
An advertorial is an advertisement in the form of editorial content. The term “advertorial” is a blend (see portmanteau) of the words “advertisement” and “editorial.” Merriam-Webster dates the origin of the word to 1946.
In printed publications, the advertisement is usually written in the form of an objective article and designed to ostensibly look like a legitimate and independent news story.
Well, there you have it. I guess I’ll unsubscribe to the advertorial. But, I learned a new word today.